Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Forsythia is in Bloom....and other things Spring-y

It may be a month early but the Forsythia is in full bloom and it is magnificent!


This bush was here when we moved into the house 16 years ago and it just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger! I live at the end of the first block off Main Street and you can see this Forsythia as soon as you turn on my street. It consumes the whole corner of my yard (that's my house on the left). It is so vibrant when it is in bloom that I don't have the heart to cut it back!


When my girls were little I was very ambitious and would make them each a dress for Easter. It was always so much fun to do that and then to buy the shoes and hat and little purse to go with it. I have granddaughters now and since Chloe, the youngest (7 months) is a professional model already (at least she acts like she knows what to do!), I decided to feature my newest button idea with her. Just pull out the camera and instant posing and smiling starts............


"Chloe is modeling the floral purple and fuschia headband from the newest line of hair accessories in The Button Lady shop on Etsy".


All the headbands with vintage buttons are for Girls but I put one on Chloe and it fit and it is so cute! Here are some others....


This one is light turquoise with dark turquoise shell buttons arranged in a flower pattern with a vintage pearlized glass button. The next one is a deep coral with a matching center square button and two petite square white buttons on either side.


The photo session was completely spontaneous yet Chloe cooperated and gave me a different "look" for each pose!

All these headbands and others are listed in my Etsy shop.

I've already got the flea market/thrift store/garage sale bug so I've have been doing some antique and estate sale shopping and found some cute vintage things for Easter decorating. They can be found in NaNa's Things on Etsy. I have collected bunnies for years but my goal was to find some to sell in my shop. It's going to be hard to see these go!


This is a vintage 1980 Avon figurine exclusively made in Japan for Avon as an award gift for those representatives meeting their monthly goals. The front says "Ready for an Avon Day". This cute lady rabbit is putting her lipstick on before she heads out the door.

This is a cute mama and baby bunny planter, condiment or candy dish. Perfect for the Easter Sunday table.


These mini panoramic sugar eggs brought back instant memories of childhood Easters when I saw them at an estate sale. They are in perfect condition, still wrapped in the original cellophane. A little chick with eggs sits inside each one.


Both of my etsy shops offer Spring-y items for decorating or wearing........
There is a very unique vintage capodimonte porcelain dish with a cherub sitting atop three decorated and gold trimmed eggs in NaNa's Things.....felt hearts and woven purses in The Button Lady......vintage plates for your table.....a brooch for your outfit........button birdhouses.......

 
Happy Spring!
AnnMarie :)

8 comments :

  1. Awwww... Chloe is a positive DOLL!!!

    She deserves a percentage for all that you sell. I'm sure she'll settle for cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your forsythia is gorgeous! And Chloe - what a doll! Makes me wish for babies in the family, my youngest granddaughter is 10 years old!! I enjoyed seeing your Easter springy things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, spring! Gotta love it! Love your pictures, especially your little cutie. :-) And those eggs DO bring back some memories!

    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chloe is soooo cute! The forsythia is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little girl! The headbands look so cute on her. The vintage Easter decor is very nice. I really like the sugar eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, your forsythia is gorgeous! All the flowering bushes were just full to overflowing this year. What a blessing for our senses! Your Chloe is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chloe is so cute! Love that first pose!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment...I treasure each one! Do you know if you are a no reply comment blogger? I love to reply to your comments but sometimes instead of an email there is a noreply-comment@blogger.com. It can easily be changed by changing the setting in your blogger profile to "show email address".